- This privacy statement regulates the processing of your personal data as part of your use of our Website (the “Website”) and/or all the services offered on it or services that are related to it (jointly indicated as the “Services”). This processing is carried out by the Flanders’ Agricultural Marketing Board (VLAM) vzw as the controller, with its registered office at boulevard du Roi Albert II 35, box 50, 1030 Brussels and with company registration number 0454.423.323, in accordance with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, except where explicitly indicated to the contrary, in which case not VLAM, but an explicitly indicated third party is the controller.This privacy statement, amongst other things, indicates which data is collected by VLAM on its Website, how VLAM uses that data, how the information is protected and what your personal rights are in this respect.
- By (continuing to) make use of this Website and the Services offered on it, you acknowledge full knowledge of this Privacy Statement and agree to it. If you do not agree to it, please leave the website now of your own accord and do not make any use of this website and/or the services offered on it.
- VLAM reserves the right to (regularly) amend the Privacy Statement at its own discretion. Such changes, additions or replacements will be brought to your attention via our Website and/or if relevant via the Services. If you do not agree with these changes, additions or replacements, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have not received notification of this within five (5) working days of you being informed of the changes, additions, or replacements via our Website or Services, you are deemed to have accepted all the changes, additions or replacements. Please bear in mind that revoking your agreement to the terms and conditions can imply that you are no longer able to use the Website and/or Services as a whole or in part.
- By clicking on the privacy opt-in checkbox on forms on the Website, you declare that you have indeed read this Privacy Statement and agree to it. You declare that you understand for what purposes your personal data is processed. You also agree that your continued use of the Website and/or the Services can be understood as continuing permission. You can revoke your permission at any time by sending a request to email@example.com by e-mail.
- You guarantee that the data that you communicate to VLAM belongs to you, or at least that you have permission to use it and communicate it to VLAM. VLAM may deny you access to its Website(s) and/or Services or parts thereof, temporarily or definitively, if you use false data or the data of third parties without their permission.
- If there is something on our Website or in our Services that does not work as you expect if it concerns your privacy, please feel free to contact us via our helpdesk: VLAM vzw, boulevard du Roi Albert II 35, box 50, 1030 Brussels or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +32 (0)2 552 80 21.
- This privacy statement was last updated on 24/04/2018.
2. WHICH DATA AND WHY WE PROCESS THAT DATA
- If you use the Website and/or Services, we process personal data relating to you (such as for example your first name, surname, nickname, e-mail address, gender, street, house number, postal code, postal address, date of birth, profession, telephone number and picture) for the useful retention period. Such personal data comprises:
|Use of the Website
|-IP address -Cookies
|-Customer management -Improvement of services
|-Justified interest -Permission
|Use of Services
|Personal ID data
|-Customer management -Processing the request -Direct Marketing
|Applying for a job
|Personal ID data
|-Processing the request -Inclusion in an up-to-date recruitment file
|Downloading marketing material offered
|-IP address -Cookies
|-Processing the request
|-Justified interest -Permission
|Personal ID data
|-Processing the request
- In principle we obtain the aforementioned personal data directly from you. We do not forward the personal data you provide us with via the Website to providers of social media unless you agree to this. In addition to the aforementioned purposes, we can also process your personal data:
- to provide you with personalised information about products and services you request in an efficient way, be it via the Website, by e-mail, telephone or social media channels;
- for direct marketing purposes, i.e. to be able to provide you with targeted communication, promotions, offers and other advertisements from us or selected partners. We will ask prior permission from you for this;
- to carry out statistical analyses to improve our Website and/or Services, or to develop new products or services;
- to send to a financial institution or payment services provider, to enable your financial institution and the payment services provider to meet their legal obligations;
- to transfer to the police or the judicial authorities as proof of possible crimes or if there is founded suspicion that an unlawful deed or crime was committed by you by means of your registration with or use of the Website or the Services.
- If and when your registration on the Website or use of the Website or Services can be considered (a) as a breach of the conditions of the intellectual property rights or any other right of a third party, (b) a threat to the safety or integrity of the Services, (c) a danger to the Website or Services or systems belonging to us or our subcontractors as a result of viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware or any other form of malicious code, or (d) illegal, unlawful, discriminating or insulting, we may process your data in the interest of ourselves, our partners or third parties.
3. WHOM WE SHARE DATA WITH AND WHY
- We do not send your personal data in an identifiable way to third parties if this is not required for providing the Services, without your explicit permission.
- We can call on external processors to offer you the Website and/or Services. We ensure that the third-party processors may only process your personal data on our behalf of us, and on our written instructions. We guarantee that all external processors will be selected with the necessary care so that you can count on the safety and integrity of your personal data.
- We can transfer anonymised and/or aggregate data to other organisations that can use this data to improve products and services and to organise customised marketing, presentation and sale of products and services.
4. WHERE WE PROCESS DATA
- We and our external processors will only process your identifiable personal data in the EEA.
- We may transfer your anonymised and/or aggregate data to organisations outside the EEA. If such a transfer occurs, we will ensure that there are appropriate safeguards to guarantee the safety and integrity of your personal data, and that all rights relating to personal data that you could enjoy are guaranteed under the applicable mandatory law.
- If your personal data and/or anonymised and/or aggregate data is transferred, the following statutory transfer mechanism is implemented:
|Land outside EEA
|Statutory transfer mechanism
|EU – US Privacy Shield
5. HOW WE PROCESS DATA
- We do our utmost to only process the personal data that is necessary to achieve the purposes named in this Privacy Statement. We will process your personal data in a legal, honest and transparent way. We do our utmost to keep the personal data accurate and up to date.
- Your personal data is only processed as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes named in this Privacy Statement or until the time that you revoke permission to process it. Please bear in mind that revoking your agreement to the terms and conditions can imply that you are no longer able to use the Website and/or Services as a whole or in part. If you have registered on our Website (where applicable), we will remove your personal data when you remove your profile, unless a legal or regulatory obligation or an administrative order prevents us from doing so.
- We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your personal data safe against unauthorised access or theft and against accidental loss, manipulation or destruction. Access by our employees or the employees of our external processors is strictly limited and only possible on a need-to-know basis and it is subject to strict obligations to maintain confidentiality. However, you will understand that taking care of safety and security are only obligations to make the best possible effort, which can never be guaranteed.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to ask to inspect all the personal data about you that we process. Requests for access that are obviously submitted with an eye to causing a nuisance or damage to us will not be taken into consideration.
- You have the right to ask that all the personal data about you that is incorrect or inaccurate be corrected free of charge. If such a request is submitted, you should also add to the request, the proof that the personal data for which the correction is being requested is incorrect.
- You have the right to revoke permission previously given to process your personal data. You may revoke your consent at any time by sending an e-mail with that request to email@example.com or by removing your profile (where applicable), or if you wish to revoke your permission to process your personal data for a specific Service, where applicable you may use the unsubscription options provided to that end.
- You have the right to request that personal data relating to you be removed if it is no longer necessary in light of the purposes named in this Privacy Statement or if you revoke your permission to process them. However, please bear in mind that we will assess a request to remove your data in light of the legal or regulatory obligations or administrative or judicial orders that can prevent us from removing the personal data in question.
- Instead of removing your data, you can also ask us to limit the processing of your personal data if (a) you dispute the correctness of that data, (b) processing it is unlawful or (c) the data is no longer necessary for the purposes named, but you need them to defend yourself in legal proceedings.
- You have the right to oppose the processing of personal data if you can prove that there are serious and justified reasons relating to special circumstances that justify such opposition. However, if the intended processing is deemed direct marketing, you have the right to free of charge and without any justification oppose such processing.
- If your personal data is processed on the basis of permission or on the basis of a contract and that processing is automated, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided VLAM with in a structured format that is generally used and legible by a machine and, if technically possible, you have the right to transfer this data directly to another service provider. The technical feasibility of this will be assessed solely by VLAM.
- If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the aforementioned rights, please send a request to VLAM vzw – Multimedia dept., boulevard du Roi Albert II 35, box 50, 1030 Brussels or send an e-mail with the request attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must clearly state which right you wish to exercise and why. It must also be dated and signed and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid ID card which proves your identity. We will inform you of receiving such a request within a reasonable period of time. If the request is justified, we will grant it as soon as reasonably possible but no later than thirty (30) days after receiving the request without any further notification. If the request is unjustified, we will inform you of our refusal and the reason for refusing.
- If you have a complaint about our processing of your personal data, you can always contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may lodge a complaint with the Flemish Ombudsman and/or the authorised data protection authority, the Belgian Privacy Commission. For more information, please surf to http://www.vlaamseombudsdienst.be and http://www.privacycommission.be.